Most people automatically think of shingle roofing because it has been the traditional choice in many homes and businesses for the past century. There are many benefits to having a shingle roof installed, most of which rely on its low initial cost, ease of installation, and access to materials. A qualified roofing company in Austin, TX can help you in the process. This guide will allow you to learn about their features and the benefits they offer.
Check This Guide About Shingle Roofs
Shingles are made of various materials and colors. Their primary purpose is to protect the underlying siding from the elements. Shingles are traditionally measured in squares. One square of shingles is 100 square feet, so if you know your roof is 2,500 square feet, you’ll need to order 25 squares.
Benefits of Shingle Roofs
- Relatively low initial cost. Shingle roofs are the most affordable short-term roofing option.
- They have a decent level of protection with an average life of 20 to 25 years.
- Different designs available, allowing you to create an attractive, custom look to enhance the curb appeal of your roof.
- Easy to install by any experienced roofing contractor.
- Lightweight enough to be installed on virtually any type of roof without requiring additional structural support in just a few days.
- Installation cost is significantly less than what you would pay for specialty roofing systems (such as metal and slate).
- They allow foot traffic: once they have been secured to the structure, the shingles can be walked on or used to support the installer while providing more excellent traction.
- Shingles base material is saturated with asphalt. Then granules made of a dark granite material are added for color, UV protection, and fire resistance. It’s harder for these granules to keep a lighter color, which is why shingle roofs are darker by nature.
Process of Installation
- Roofing work should be performed by qualified professionals who know the best way to shingle a roof and who have received thorough training in all aspects of roofing safety. In addition, it is essential to review applicable local building codes and ensure that the roof meets all requirements.
- Asphalt shingles rely on the force of gravity to expel water from rain or melting snow. If the roof shingles and all accessory roofing components are arranged and overlapped with this in mind, the roof should successfully dislodge water.
- Having a clean, flat roof surface will help ensure that the newly roofed deck will also have a smooth, flat appearance when completed.
Choose Skywall Construction to Install Your Shingle Roof
At Skywall Construction, we protect you and your home, which is why we are available to help you install your shingle roof. Our company is one of the finest roofing companies in Austin, TX you can rely on. To receive a full guide on the installation you are seeking, get in touch with us.